Callus is that part of skin which becomes hard due to exposure of skin to repetitive friction. Not only calluses look very unattractive, they sometimes can be painful as well. Calluses can occur on your hands and feet. Some of the major risk factors which cause a callus would be deformities in foot and wearing sandals or shoes sans socks, which can create friction on your feet. However, there are numerous products in the market these days which claim to cure calluses effectively and make your feet soft again. The best callus remover gels generally comprises of an ingredient known as salicylic acid.
What is callus removal gel?
You can effectively remove calluses from your feet and hands using callus removal gels. As already mentioned above, a good callus removal gel contains ingredients like salicylic acid and potassium hydroxide. The dosage of the gel depends on the instructions given on the product. It should be applied on a regular basis to get the most benefits.
How to choose callus removal gel?
- Ease of use – The best callus remover gels should come with clear instructions, should be easy to apply and should provide effective, quick results.
- Price- Price of the gel is not everything, but it’s one of the most important factors. You don’t want to buy a gel that burns a hole in your pocket. Callus removal gels are available at different prices; choose a high quality gel that suits your budget.
- Suitability – There is a high possibility that one of the ingredients in the gel might not suit you and you can have an allergic reaction to them. Make sure to check all the ingredients before buying the gel
- Comfortable in using – The gel shouldn’t cause Irritation or pain to you.
Benefits of using callus removal gel?
Gels are easy to use and they aren’t messy at all. All you have to do is apply the gel as mentioned in the instructions and leave it for some time. Then wash it off with cool water.
The gels not only remove calluses but they also moisturize your feet.
The gel can also be used by diabetic patients without any harm.
The calluses not only look ugly but they can also hurt you. When you apply these gels, the effect is instant and the pain is reduced.
How to use callus removal gels?
Before using the gel, soak your feet in warm water for at least 10 minutes. This will help in softening of your dead and hard skin and its removal will get really easy.
If your skin is sensitive, you need to use gloves while applying the gel. This will prevent any itching or burning sensation on your skin.
Apply a thin layer of gel on your calluses including the ones on the tip of your toes. Apply the gel thoroughly so that every part is covered.
Leave the gel on your feet for not more than five minutes.
After five minutes, wash your feet properly so that no trace of gel is left on your skin. Pat your feet dry.
Top 5 best callus removal gels
Ranked among the best callus remover gels, this callus removal gel from zoom dry is one of the most popular gels in the market. Rated at 4.5 stars, this gel comes in a drip free bottle which removes your calluses in around 3 to 5 minutes. The gel is easy to use and the bottle helps you in applying it to your feet conveniently.
- Easy to use
- Comes in a drip free bottle
- Works instantly, you can remove calluses from a file in around 5 minutes
- Moisturizes your skin
- It’s a strong gel and should be used carefully. Avoid contact with other parts of your skin.
Rated at 4.5 stars, this is an effective and safe gel to remove calluses. Even the hardest calluses will be removed by using a buffer within 3-4 minutes of applying this gel. This effective gel by Be natural is made of some very important vitamins and oils for better results.
- Removes even the toughest of calluses
- Hydrates and nourishes your skin
- The product also comes with a dry heel Eliminator to give you soft, healed feet
- Moderately priced
- The product contains parabens. Most people get skeptical while using products with paraben as it’s said to cause cancer.
Rated at 4.2 stars, this callus removal gel from ProLinc is reliable, affordable and safe to use. It is very effective; all you have to do is leave it in for 3-5 minutes and then buffer it gently. Wash your feet thoroughly with water and then pat it dry.
- Safe to use
- Works quickly in an effective manner
- Feet is left nourished and moisturized
- Easy to use
- Not to be used on other parts of your skin other than calluses
- Keep away from children.
- If you don’t wash the area thoroughly, you can get burns.
O’Keeffe’s foot cream is rated at 4.5 stars and is one of the best selling foot creams on Amazon. The little blue tube looks elegant and different than most of the callus removal gels you have ever tried. The gel contains glycerin which softens your feet immensely. The product works quickly and the effect lasts for a long time.
- Repairs your dry skin and Moisturizes it
- It’s an oil free cream, which means no slipping and gliding while using it
- It comes with a money back guarantee
- Feels greasy after application
Rated at 4.2 stars, the Urea cream is one of the best callus remover gels in the market you will find at this price. The company claims that the gel has been recommended by dermatologists. It’s highly beneficial and you can use it on your hand as well as feet. The product comprises of natural ingredients like tea tree oil and aloe vera.
- Safe to use
- The gel also has anti fungal properties
- Leaves your feet soft and moisturized
- The product absorbs quickly and is non greasy
- Little expensive when compared to other products
All the above-mentioned callus removal gels are effective and reliable but according to us, the best callus removal gel is Urea 40. The product is thick, absorbable quickly and works instantly. It’s safe to use and unlike other products it doesn’t burn when it comes in contact with other parts of your skin. The gel also contains anti fungal properties which is a bonus point for us.