Ultimate Guide To Choosing The Best Electric Callus Remover
Feet are easily the most neglected part of the body as they are easily hidden in shoes. Constant friction between your feet and shoes can cause calluses. Calluses are hard, bumpy, dry and thick though not sensitive to touch. Foot callus is a very common condition that afflicts almost everyone at some point in life.
Calluses can be removed by use manual, gel or electric removers. Electric callus removers are increasingly becoming popular as they are easy to use and gentle on the skin. In addition, they stop when you press on skin too hard to avoid injuring you.
This is the ultimate guide to choosing the best electric callus remover.
What is an electric callus remover?
An electric callus remover is an exfoliation tool with a spinning head and abrasive material. Some electric removers have a rolling tool while others have a rotating disc that does the exfoliation. Removal of extra thick calluses is best done by the disc model.
Some models allow variation of speed allowing you to choose how aggressively you want to carry out the exfoliation process. Others are equipped with LED lights to enable you to illuminate the area under treatment.
There are battery operated and plug-in-only models. The battery models are more versatile compared to those that require to be plugged in to operate. If you pick the latter, then make sure it has a good grip and long cord for ease of use in the bathroom.
How to choose the best callus remover
Since a callus remover is a tool that you may need to use for a long time it is wise to understand the basics of choosing one that will best serve you.
- Design : Choose one that is easy to use and maintain. One with LED illumination will enable you to better see the area you are exfoliating. Pick one with a detachable roller and firm grip for easy cleaning and use.
- Flexibility : Choose one that allows you to adjust the roller’s speed to your preference. If you are always on the move a battery-powered remover will offer you the portability you need.
- Price : A high price tag doesn’t necessarily mean it is the best. Compare features, specifications and customer reviews of some of the best electric callus removers within the limits of your budget before buying.
- Reliability : Choose a model that has at least one year warranty, which is an indication the manufacturer can vouch for its quality and durability
Benefits of the Electrical callus remover
- Electric removers are gentle on the skin compared to manual removers
- They are incredibly easy to use
- Can be used on multiple body parts
Remember to always wash the remover head after use and apply a deep moisturizer to the skin area.
How to use exfoliate using an electric remover
- Step 1: Soak your feet in a warm bath for about 15-25 minutes to soften the skin.
- Step 2: Towel your feet till they are dry enough to use the electric remover but still moist.
- Step 3: Feel your feet for callused areas especially foot sides, heel, ball of foot and top of your toes.
- Step 4: With one foot over the opposite knee, move the electric remover in regular motion over dead skin adjusting the speed while applying medium pressure.
- Step 5: Once the feet are smooth to your liking, apply a moisturizer to keep them hydrated.
The best electric callus remover Reviews
Amope Pedi Perfect is one of the most popular callus removers in the market with a rating of 4.5 on Amazon. It is designed to get rid of rough skin in minutes. It is equipped with a micralumina-roller file enabling fast and easy exfoliation.
Amope Pedi’s ergonomic design allows easy handling. It is safe to use since it has no sharp blades. Lifeless skin is removed by the roller with micro-abrasive surface leaving your feet incredibly smooth.
This electric remover comes with an extra roller head. The roller head wear is determined by duration and intensity of use. It is powered by 4 AA batteries.
- Easy to use
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- Moderately priced
- Has standard and extra-coarse model option.
Its reliability is guaranteed as it comes with an extra roller head. It is designed to give exceptional results within minutes.
It is easily the most powerful electric remover. Emjoi Micro-pedi roller head can make thirty 360 degree revolutions per second to swiftly get rid of calloused skin without applying too much pressure. It has 4.5 star rating on Amazon
It allows multiple speeds depending on the level of smoothness you want. To save time spent exfoliating you can select double speed enabling you to quickly pulverize dead skin. The rubberized handle provides a firm grip.
This electric remove comes with user guide and works with 100-240 voltage hence no need for batteries.
- Multiple speeds
- Powerful roller, hardly losses power
- Multiple speeds option available
- Not suitable for wet skin
Unlike battery-powered removers, the Emojoi Miro-pedi, never loses power during operation. Due to its powerful remover overusing it could easily cause injury.
Although Naturalico rechargeable is relatively new in the marketplace it has received numerous positive reviews from users and a 4.5 rating on Amazon. It works well with both dry and wet skin. This electric shaver has two-speed options.
It features an LED light than illuminates the area under treatment. It is powered by an in-built 1200mAh battery, reachable at least 1000times, that can run continuously for 40 minutes on a single charge. Naturalico comes with a cleaning brush and two grinding heads.
- LED light illumination
- Dual speed control
- 40 rotations per second
- Relatively affordable
- New entrant
The LED lights makes it easy to spot rough skin and callouses hence enabling you to efficiently remove all dead skin.
PediSoft is a multifunctional unit that removes coarse callus fast. The roller head covered with micro-abrasive particles spins up to 360 degrees, 40 times per second. It is more efficient than manual scrubbing and safe since it does not have sharp blades.
It is water resistant hence easy to clean. PediSoft Electric remover is powered by rechargeable batteries that can withstand up to 40 minutes of continuous use. It has a 4.0 star rating on Amazon.
- Safe as it does not contain sharp blades
- Battery operated foot file to buff away tough skin
- Refillable roller head
- Only works with dry skin
It is good looking and is made of strong durable materials. Its main advantage is that it works with both wet and dry feet.
It provides professional service, applying maximum power to remove the toughest calluses without inflicting any pain whatsoever. It achieves targeted and smooth callus removal with light pressure. Tip2Toe offers fine and coarse settings adjustment.
It features an air filter to prevent the dead tissue from clogging it during operation.
It has an ergonomic design that borrows heavily from power-driven construction tools.
It has a 4-star rating on Amazon.
- Ergonomic design for easier handling
- Gives professional spa and salon services
- Air filter to prevent clogging
- Those use to convectional removers find its gun-shape challenging
With effortless ease, you can achieve salon-grade removal of the toughest callus.
Electric callus removers are not faster than manual scrappers but are more gentle on the skin. It may not always be easy to make a clear-cut verdict on the best electric callus remover but we will say that the Tip2Toe electric remover is the best of the five top-rated types. It provides professional services, achieving targeted and maximum callus removal without causing pain. Its ergonomic design, air-filter, speed control and 9-feet swivel cable makes it easy to use.