Finding the best slip on work boots
Work boots are a mandatory part of a uniform when working in a builder’s setting. Even if you are only doing repairs to a house, it is important to equip yourself with the proper pair of work books. For those who want convenience and safety, you might do well to look for the best slip on work boots for sale.
Slip-on work boots are a variation of the traditional lace-up work boots. Both have their advantages, but you buy them for different purposes. So between slip on vs lace up, you just need to choose the right one.
Further reading: How to safely dry your boots
Further reading: The Best Work Shoes: A Blend of Comfort, Safety and Style
Types of Work Boots
Lace-up work boots are mandatory for working all day on site. Understanding work boot safety standards is also a must. This makes it easier to move without having to worry about the boots getting loose. The wearer just has to make sure that the boots are laced up properly.
A big disadvantage for lace-up boots is that improper application can result in accidents. That is why some workers prefer to buy slip on work boots instead.
Slip on work boots on the other hand are designed to fit snugly without restricting blood flow to the to the feet. They are also more comfortable along the calves because they are loose in that area.
If they do not try on the boots first, they will either be too tight or too loose. Either situation usually results in accidents, injuries, or wounds to the feet and legs. That is why it is important to choose a slip on work boots that fit snugly.
When buying slip-on boots, make sure that you know which one is fit for the type of work that you are doing.
Before you decide to choose a slip on work boot, however, make sure you buy it based on where you will work and how long you will wear it. Not all boots are ideal for long wear because it may start to chafe, which will only lead to more problems in the future.
Sadly, not all shoes are indefinitely comfortable. But at least you can buy one that lasts longer than most.
Best Slip On Work Boots For Sale
The Dr. Martens Men’s Fusion Safety-Toe Chelsea combines style and functionality. Since they established their brand in the 1940’s, they continued to deliver durable and comfortable pairs of boots which people use for fashion and work. In this case, the Chelsea boot works both ways.
- Users love the boot because it does not have any exposed metal parts, but it is still a steel-toe model.
- The anti-static feature is great for working on electrical jobs.
- The great thing is that it also adds to you height. It’s good for working, but it also works great as motorcycle boots.
- It doesn’t slip off and it grips well too.
- There is an issue about size. Many buyers think they bought the right size, but end up with bigger or smaller sizes.
- Some items had damages and dents.
Verdict: The model is great for both working and style.
Blundstone is known for its ultimate protection against falling objects, wear and tear, as well as elemental damage. It has a shock proof system at the heel, allowing for more movement without the risk of damaging one’s foot bones.
- Most people buy this for farm work because of the constant treading through soil and grass.
- It also has a ridge in the middle of the sole to prevent slippage on flat surfaces.
- The engineering of the shoe is based on preventing damage to the toes.
- Complaints are mostly about the stiffness of the toe cap, which is natural considering it is there to protect the wearer from objects that drop on the foot or bumping into rocks in grassy areas.
- The sole peels off after several months, showing that it is not as long lasting as expected.
Verdict: The model is ideal for certain work conditions only, but it is not a fan favorite when it comes to style.
These Georgia work shoes are crafted using full-grain leather, making it one of the softest work shoes around. Even with that kind of comfort, there is still a more durable bumper guard with steel toes underneath.
- The bumper guard protects from abrasion and exposure to oil
- You cannot tell there are steel toes under the bumper
- Comfortable and easy to wear
- Can only run for short distances before discomfort sets in
- Quality of stitching is bad on some items
- A bit on the heavy side
- Low counter risks slippage
Verdict: Ideal for indoor work such as construction and restorations, but not ideal for longer work conditions.
The Redback Men’s Safety Bobcat is stronger than normal work boots. Looking at it, you will see that it does exude durability. It is also a versatile pair that can be used in any work conditions.
- Has a springy feel when walking, giving you a better push-off which allows for better muscle function
- The leather is one of the most beautiful and quality samples in the world
- Only offers AU sizes, which can confuse buyers
- Not as durable during extreme work conditions
- Complaints about insoles being too flat
Verdict: Overall a great shoe if you receive one of the better items from their warehouse.
The non safety feature is a bit disconcerting; however, the work boot standards are still in place. Ideally, the Carhartt should be used for minor work tasks like home improvement, house chores, errands, and such.
It is comfortable enough to achieve daily tasks, but not that acceptable for conditions which need extreme protection.
- The design is sleek and formal. It looks like it can be used in any event.
- Can be used all day, provided you do not do any heavy work loads
- Cannot be used for extreme work conditions
- The sole is too stiff sometimes
- Lacking in proper arch support
Verdict: The shoe is well-loved by people who work within the suburbs and city, instead of work sites.
Out of all the slip on boots on the line up, the clear winner would be the Redback Men's Safety Bobcat. With its durability, style, and functionality, it overshadows all of the other slip on work boots. It has a high counter, which is ideal for stability, unlike the Georgia Romeo.
It can definitely compete with the Dr. Marten’s, but it wins because of the comfortable fit. It prioritizes the safety of the wearer as well, unlike the Carhartt. All in all, it is the best slip on work boots you can buy in the market today.
As any work boot should be, the Redback fulfills all the requirements of a sturdy work boot. It is durable, it has a nice grip, the insoles are comfortable enough, and it doesn’t wear out as quickly as many work boots on the market.