Brita Vs Pur Water Filtration Pitchers: Which One Should You Choose?
Numerous health dangers can affect the body through water and it is necessary to maintain the health and safety of the family from drinking such water. Generally, water is treated using some chlorine, iodine, fluoride or some oxidising agents to purify the water and kill pathogens. However, even these added can be harmful to the body and must be removed.
Water from the taps contains a number of harmful contaminants such as bacteria, virus, pesticides, chlorine, heavy metals and other deadly impurities. Water purifiers provide the task of purifying the water for immediate use.
The appropriate water filters chosen should have the necessary water filtration layers such as the activated carbon filters and sediment filter to purify the water.
Here are two commonly used products along with their details such as features, benefits and merits listed so join me as we demystify the Brita Vs Pur contest.
Comparison of the Two water Filters: Pur Vs Brita
PUR water filtration Pitcher : The PUR filter provides healthy, delicious tasting water for everyday use. The NSF certified pitcher removes 16 types of harmful elements from water such as sediments, chlorine and its by-products, zinc and cadmium.It also removes mercury, as well as bacterial cysts to leave the user with healthier, cleaner water.
Brita Water Purifier: With advanced filter technology, a comparison between the pur vs brita holds that Brita is certified to remove impurities of copper, cadmium and mercury, and delivers water which is free from the odour and taste of chloride, which can adversely improve the health in the years to come.
The ergonomic design makes it easy to handle and refilling is a prospect made very easy using the flip top lid. A sticker filter indicator lets the user know when it is time to change the filter.
Comparison between the working of Brita Vs Pur
How the PUR water filter works:
Removal of toxic substances from using this water filter is said to take place in 2 stages: In the first stage, the activated carbon filter in the water filter takes care of chlorine odour and taste, chlorination and its by-products, agricultural and industrial pollutants and any residual sediments.
During the second stage, a special pleating removes about 99.9% of bacterial cysts. The fluoride present in the water is not removed since it is beneficial for good health.
How the Brita Water Filter works:
The Brita filter cuts the taste and odour of chlorine from the water, along with impurities such as copper, cadmium and mercury. The large water filter is generally changed after utilizing 40 gallons, or generally after two months. Once the electronic filter change blinks, it is time to change the filter.
Changing the filter is quite easy and is done as follows. Make sure the hands are clean before touching the water filter. Flush it with cold water placed in a reservoir and discard the first three batches of filtered water as they may contain carbon dust.
Comparison between the features of PUR and Brita
Features of PUR:
- The efficient space saving design of PUR makes it ideal to fit inside any fridge.
- The compact design also reduces plastic wastage.
- So while comparing brita vs. pur, pur is capable of removing two times more contaminants that the top selling purifier.
- Comes with a 90 day warranty and an affordable solution to provide 40 gallons of water per filter.
Features of Brita:
- A BPA free white container with a soft handle comes equipped with a single filter to purify the water and is capable of holding 10 cups of water.
- It comes with a flip top lid for ease of refilling the pitcher, an electronic sticker filter change indicator which warns the user about changing the filter.
- The classic oval design of the container is ideal to fit inside more refrigerators.
Comparison between the benefits of Brita Vs Pur:
Benefits of the PUR :
- Can hold up to seven 8 ounces glasses of water.
- On comparing pur vs brita, pur is capable of removing up to 16 types of contaminants and 96% of trace level of pharmaceuticals.
- The LED filter indicates when the filter is to be changed.
- The thumb activated manual lid opening is easy to use.
- Has a 90 day warranty.
Benefits of the Brita :
- Easy to assemble without the use of tools.
- An electronic change filter indicator lights up to let the user know about when to change the filter.
- Helps save 300 plastic 16.9 ounce plastic bottles before replacing the filter.
- The efficient design saves space when placed inside a refrigerator.
Brita vs Pur comparison Chart :
Brita Water Purifier
Number of contaminants removed
Estimated Filter Life
Water filtered per filter
4.6 x 11.3 x 10.8 inches
5.59 x 10.94 x 10.47 inches
Compare the Pros and Cons: Brita vs Pur
The PUR water filter is a delight to use and the water provided after purification is clean and does not have any bleach odour.
The small container makes it easier to handle and keep inside the fridge and the lid can be completely removed to pour the water in for filtration.
- Removes 16 types of contaminants from the water.
- Does not leave any odour or funny taste.
- Compact size makes it easy to hold and store.
- Can hold 10 cups of water in one sitting.
- The handle provided is too soft and not ideally located to carry the container.
- It takes a long time for the purifier to work and provide the clean water.
Verdict: The PUR Cr-6000 is perfectly sized to carry and use and purifies a wide range of contaminants to give clear, delicious tasting water that is healthy.
- Can hold up to 10 cups of water in one sitting.
- Has a flip top lid for easy refilling.
- Filters the water quickly for drinking.
- After the filtration process, it sometimes leaves a residue of black carbon flakes on the water surface.
- The filtered water has a slightly funny taste.
- The container becomes very difficult to life once the water is poured in.
Verdict: The Brita water filter is perfect for holding large amounts of water and comes with a quick filtering mechanism to purify the water.
The Final Verdict: The Winner of pur vs brita
After careful consideration of both the positive and the negatives of the pur vs brita match, the clear winner in this case is the PUR CR-6000. Although it holds less water, the purification system cannot be matched and it is less bulky and easier to handle. It provides a check on every ergonomic feature that makes it the ideal water purifier system.