How to Clean Uggs Slippers in 7 Steps
Do you love wearing uggs? I know a lot of people who love using ugg slippers inside their house because it is very comfortable and it feels soft on your feet. Uggs are made of sheepskin material which makes your feet feel relaxed and comfy which is why most people prefer using ugg slippers.
If you own a pair of these, you’ll want to know how to keep your slippers in tip top shape. It may be impossible to prevent your slippers from getting dirty and worn out especially if you use them on a daily basis. However, there are ways to clean your slippers without destroying the quality of the material and altering the visual appeal of your slippers.
In this regard, I’ve listed some steps on how to clean uggs slippers to guide you.
Further reading: How to Clean Bearpaw Boots with Sheepskin Products
Nobody likes using ugly and dirty slippers. It feels unhygienic, smells bad, and appears distasteful. Some people, however, often leave their slippers dirty mostly because they don’t know how to properly take care of it. Knowing how to clean and maintain your ugg slippers can help it last for several years.
I bought my first pair of ugg slippers five years ago and I still use it until now. I bought an extra pair so that I can alternate both slippers to lessen the impact.
Here are some ways on how to wash and clean your ugg slippers in the most efficient way.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cold water
- Soft sponge
- Paper towels
- Ugg sheepskin cleaner and conditioner
- Ugg protector spray
- Sheepskin brush
How to Clean your Slippers
Just follow these simple and easy instructions.
- Pour cold water into the basin. Use the cold water to soften and moisten the outer part of your slippers. Do not soak the entire slippers in water because it can cause the slippers to lose its shape. Once this happens, you will not be able to restore it to its original form.
- Mix equal amounts of water with sheepskin cleaner and conditioner. Combining these two ingredients will help dilute the strong concentration of the cleaner.
- Apply the mixed solution to the outer part of your slippers. Use a soft sponge to rub the solution gently on the surface. Expect a foam to develop on the surface.
- Rinse your slippers. Be careful when rinsing your slippers. Make sure it doesn’t get soaked or get too wet.
- Fill your slippers with paper towels. Filling your slippers will paper towels can help it maintain its original shape and structure. Once you apply the cleaning solution to your slippers, it can cause heaviness which may cause the slippers to bend and deform. The paper towels will also help absorb the moisture and wetness from the outer part of your slippers and prevent it from seeping in the interior of your slippers.
- Let it dry completely. Put your paper towel stuffed slippers in a cool place and allow it to dry completely for at least 24 hours.
- Apply a sheepskin protector on the surface. Once your slippers are fully dry, apply a sheepskin protector to the surface to protect it from water and other types of stains.
Here are some additional advice on how to maintain the condition of your ugg slippers.
- Do not soak your slippers in water. Avoid putting them in the washing machine because it will distort the shape of your slippers.
- Avoid constant exposure to extreme weather conditions. Do not use your ugg slippers in a wet environment such as rain or snow. At the same time, avoid long exposure to direct sunlight or heat as it can affect the texture of the sheepskin material.
- Apply a sheepskin protector every six months. This will help protect your slippers from all types of stains including water or oil.
- Use a soft toothbrush to get rid of stains. Don’t brush too hard on the surface because it can damage the material of your ugg slippers.
Cleaning your Ugg Slippers
If you want to extend the life of your most loved ugg slippers, cleaning them regularly and knowing how to properly care for them are the most important steps you need to make. Neglecting to clean your ugg slippers can lead to a dirty, deformed, and damaged footwear which you won’t be able to use for long. Don’t forget to use the Ugg cleaner, conditioner, and protectant kit to protect your slippers.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends. Should you have any questions or comments, feel free to send us a message.