Coffee lovers always want to have the genuine taste of freshly brewed coffee. Worn out water filters are often the cause of weird tasting brewed coffee. Instead of having to take your brewer to customer care it is best that we know how to install a water filter on the Keurig. This way we do not have to wait long to enjoy a cup of genuine brewed coffee.
Keurig charcoal water filters remove impurities from the water that can give your coffee an off taste. After using them for about 2 months, they will need to be replaced. If you know how to install a water filter on the Keurig, you install a new one in less than 10 minutes and continue to enjoy your K-cup freshly brewed coffee.
What You Will Need
What You Need to Do
Step # 1. Soak the Charcoal Filter
A new Keurig charcoal filter will need to be soak prior to installation to remove some loose charcoal.
- Fill a container with some cool water. Container should be big enough to hold the filter. Water should also be able to cover the entire filter.
- Soak the filter for 10-15 minutes.
Step # 2. Remove the Old Water Filter
- Empty the water reservoir of any water.
- Hold the filter housing base with one hand and the water reservoir with your other hand.
- Unlock the filter housing at the bottom of the reservoir by pulling it upwards.
- There are tabs at the base of the filter house. Squeeze these tabs so you can pull the upper portion of the filter out of the dial.
- Pull out the old water filter and discard.
Step # 3. Preparing the New Water Filter
- After soaking the new water filter, rinse it with cool water.
- Continue rinsing until clear water is what comes through it.
Step 4. Installing the New Water Filter
- Fit the new water filter into the top portion of the filter housing.
- Twist the dial located at the top of the filter housing until the indicator is set at “two months ahead.”
Step# 5. Putting the Filter Housing Back
- Replace the upper part of the filter housing into the lower portion of the base at the bottom of the reservoir.
- Make sure the filter housing locks into place.
- Place the assembled water filter into the water reservoir. Make sure it locks into place.
You are now ready to use your Keurig brewer to make a fresh cup of brewed coffee that tastes the way it should.
This YouTube video shows how to install a water filter on the Keurig in the easiest way.
Enjoying a cup of freshly brewed coffee is such a breeze with any of the Keurig Single Serve Coffee brewers. While these brewers are extremely easy to use, they need to be cleaned and maintained to keep them in top shape.
The water filters also need to be replaced every 2 months to ensure your K-cup pods are only brewed with clear and fresh water.
Did you learn from the tutorial on how to install a water filter in a Keurig? If you did, share it with your friends. If you have other suggestions, feel free to do so in the comments section.