A Grand Comparison of Keurig K50 Vs K55 Vs K45
As the dawn breaks, your senses partially break out from their sleep. As you lazily maneuver through your house and finally make it to your kitchen, you get your machine crooning and after a while, there is a mug full of happiness in front of you. You smell it and thank God for creating coffee, go to ‘solution’ for all your worldly problems. You take a sip and whoosh goes the sleep. You are now buzzed to meddle with the busy day.
Thus, a coffee machine is not just a necessity; it is a way of life that you just cannot live without. The very fact makes it important to choose the best one available in the market which obviously comes in your budget. You need to read through reviews that are extensive and by the time you make a verdict, you are lost in a whirlpool of information.
You may also like:
- Demystifying the Tough Comparison of Keurig K10 Vs. K15
- What is The Best Keurig Coffee Maker for Home and Office? – The difference between Keurig Models.
Here, we try to make it easy for you by comparing Keurig K50 vs K55 vs K45, few of the best budget coffee machines available in the market!
Compare What is it: Keurig K50 vs K55 vs K45
Comparison chart: Keurig K50 vs K55 vs K45
Ideal for students, single and couples living in a household, this first gen Keurig K55 model is the best one in the budget coffee maker category as per feature reviews. The reusable My K-Cup coffee filter gives you the power to control the amount of coffee you make.
This classic single cup coffee maker has got almost all the features like color option, temperature setting, light indicator, descaling feature, auto On/Off facility, removable drip tray…when we compare it with the other two: K55 and K45. The only disadvantage is, its exclusive compatibility with K-cups, which means you can’t control the strength of coffee.
This popular best selling model of Keurig, K45 has gone out of production as it has been replaced with Keurig K55, an advance version. Small footprint, optional power saving auto off feature and the position of its reservoir are few features appreciated by its users.
Here is a feature based comparison of Keurig K50 vs K55 vs K45:
|Basis||Keurig K50|| Keurig K55||Keurig K45|
|Cup sizes||6oz, 8oz, 10oz||6oz, 8oz, 10oz||6oz, 8oz, 10oz|
|Auto on and Off||Available||Programmable||Programmable|
|Water reservoir||Removable and 48oz||Removable and 48oz||Removable and 48oz|
|K-Cup used||K-Cups Only||My K-Cup Reusable coffee filter||My K-Cup Reusable coffee filter|
|Drinks you can Prepare||Coffee, tea, hot cocoa||Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, iced tea||Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, iced tea|
Compare the Pros and Cons: Keurig K50 vs K55 vs K45
Known as the ideal gift, the K50 remains to be a hit in the middle-class households. Its compact figure gives it the flexibility to settle in any nook or corner and still produce heart stirring coffee.
- It works completely on K-cups. So, everything is planned and sorted. You do not need to think of the number of beans and other technicalities to brew a coffee.
- The pricing seems to be a great hit amongst the people who use it.
- Since the price is very manageable, it is widely being used as a gift by many!
- It’s compact and convenient to be put in cramped places. Your K50 can travel with you easily!
- Its structure makes it a great hit amongst the office restroom circles.
- It surely does finish its work in a minute, but the noise of the machine rather makes you uncomfortable and awkward!
- This might appeal to your environmental sense; here you are wasting more than 4 K-Cups a day, adding to the million tons of plastic waste every day.
- You cannot customize the taste (or strength) of your coffee as and how you wish because it’s based COMPLETELY on K-Cups.
Verdict: Overall, the Keurig K50 proves to be a great product for the price you pay. Customers nowadays are aware of the fact that they get what they paid. With such customer maturity being prevalent in the market, the K50 should not be facing any unrealistic opposition. You buy it as you like it for the money you bought it for!
Here is the upgraded version with little tweaks here and there, the Keurig K55 Major one being the compatibility with reusable K-Cups and the facility to make ice tea in it!
- Its descaling option is what people are falling head over heels for! Who wouldn’t love it when you have such a good machine with an option to clean its internal parts?
- The water reservoir in the K55 is impressive. Its filters work well to soften the hard tap water.
- The temperature doesn’t peak without any warning. It stays consistent during brewing.
- One MAJOR factor is that it is compatible with the reusable k-cups. This means that one can measure the amount of coffee being brewed. The one issue with K50 is solved here!
- The absence of an inbuilt storage drawer annoys people who useflavored K-Cups
- Many customers complain that the brew has a terrible taste of plastic residue in it.
- The coffee is often weekly made. The 6 ounces’ option gives you very concentrated coffee but also very limited quantity. As the capacity grows the strength decreases.
Verdict: Arguably, the K55 model is one of the best models in the classic line of brewers for home use in Keurig. Its compatibility with the reusable K-Cups makes it the hero of the day. One not only benefits from its lighting fast brewing and its compact space but also can choose the amount of coffee he or she wants to brew.
Keurig K45 was discontinued and re-modeled to be K55. Surprisingly, K55 borrowed almost all its features from K45 with little engineering superiorities. Other than that, K45 is an exact copy of K55.
- The clean-up is the happy part of K45!
- It’s simple making and uncomplicated parts make it easy for anyone to use.
- Like K55, it can be used with reusable K-Cups which makes it easy for the customers.
- The water barely touches the coffee beans. One doesn’t need to be a coffee expert that 19 seconds might not be enough for the best coffee to come out. It’s too fast that the essence is missed.
Verdict: Before we jump to the verdict, it is important to know that the Keurig K45 is out of production. It has been replaced by K55 which is the exact copy but has few updates in the internal hardware to make the coffee better. So, this makes the entire verdict redundant for K45. Not to worry as you still have K55 to enjoy!
The Final Verdict: The Winner of Keurig K50 vs K55 vs K45
We have exhaustively compared the three esteemed products of Keurig, the K50, K55 and K45. At the end of this grand comparison of Keurig K50 vs K55 vs K45 on the basis of features, benefits and viewers’ choice, K55 comes out as a clear winner in the budget coffee machine for home use category!
It possesses the trump car; that is compatibility with reusable K-Cups which can be loaded with one’s own coffee beans. The only issue people generally face which we have already mentioned above, is that with K-Cups where the problem either is flavor, taste of plastic residue or consistency of the coffee.