Pressure cooker vs Rice Cooker vs Slow cooker: What’s The Difference?
Preparing a meal for your family is one thing a homemaker needs to do everyday. Regardless of how busy you are, there has got to be a meal on the table and it has got to be fast. Luckily, there are equipment and tools that can make cooking simpler.
There are a lot of cookers in the market. Each claim to make cooking, simple, fast and economical. Each excel in a particular cooking method. Due to modern technology, a particular cooker is not limited to a particular cooking style. Cookers of today can do much more than what they were only intended to do. A case in point is the pressure cooker vs rice Cooker vs slow cooker.
Pressure cookers, rice cookers and slow cookers do what they do best but depending on the model you choose, each can also do what the other can do. Let’s us take a close look at each of these cookers and find out what differentiates each from the other. Which is the better cooker for the recipes you want to cook?
Pressure cooker vs Rice Cooker vs Slow cooker
Instant Pot DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Use Pressure Cooker
This is referred to by most as the best pressure cooker. It has 7 cooking functions including pressure cooking, slow cooking, rice and porridge cooking. It can also steam, brown and saute and make yogurt. It can warm food, too.
This Instant Pot has a learning curve though but the versatility this cooker provides is well worth it.
This stainless steel cooker has a 6 quart capacity. It has 14 built-in programs. It is equipped with 10 safety mechanisms for the user’s protection.
This Instant Pot is versatile. It can churn up delectable chicken and beef dishes fast and at the same time cook super tasteful chowders and stews through the slow cooking method. It can also cook rice and steam vegetables. It also is a yogurt maker. Tenderizing ribs is what it does the best.
This cooker has pre-set functions and is fully programmable. It comes with a keep warm function and a 24 hour delay timer for convenience.
Cuckoo Electric Heating Pressure Rice Cooker CRP-G1015F
The watermarked floral design of this pressure rice cooker is so feminine. It can cook 10 cups of rice and is lightweight at only 15 pounds. It comes with a Korean voice navigation.
The inner pot of this pressure rice cooker is made of non-stick Teflon so rice will not burn nor stick on the pot. The heating plate is coated in ceramic to ensure even cooking. This cooker works great with GABA rice and brown rice. The flavor and texture of rice cooked in this pressure rice cooker is unsurpassed.
It comes with a soft steam cap allowing for noise free and safe release of steam. Since it is pressurized, cooking rice is a fast process. This cooker offers a lot of cooking options.
Hamilton Beach Set 'n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker
This is probably the best slow cooker in town. As its name suggests, set it and forget it because this slow cooker will do all the job. It also has a keep warm feature. This is the only slow cooker in the market with a heat probe for easy monitoring of the progress of roasts. If you are a busy homemaker this cooker is for you.
This Hamilton slow cooker provides all the convenience with its program, probe and manual mode of cooking.
In program mode, simply toss in all your ingredients, set the timer and forget about it. The slow cooker has a keep warm function so food is warm enough until it is ready to serve.
In probe mode, place the pork tenderloin, chicken or pot roast. Insert the probe and set the temperature. As the temperature is reached, the slow cooker turns to keep warm mode.
For manual mode, simply set (manually) the temperature to warm, low or high. No need to set the cooking time as the slow cooker will automatically detect it.
One of the nicest features of this slow cooker is it is convenient to take your hot meals inside the cooker to the office or parties. You need not worry that you may spill the food inside because it has a tight sealing lid.
Pressure cooker vs Rice Cooker vs Slow cooker: Quickly Compared
Soups / Chowders
Browning / Saute
1 year, Limited
1 year on parts and labor
Pressure cooker vs Rice Cooker vs Slow cooker: Reviews
As with all Cuckoo rice cookers, this pressure rice cooker model comes with a lot of modern technology. This model comes with voice navigation (Korean)
- Teflon coated inner pot
- 10 cup rice capacity
- 11 cooking functions (sushi rice, glutinous rice, porridge, GABA mode, mixed rice, porridge, nutritious rice, old rice, nu rung ji , turbo cooking, pre-set multi cooking)
- 13 safety features
- Detachable inner pot for easy cleaning
- Capable of brown and GABA rice cooking
- With Fuzzy Logic Cooking Algorithm allowing it to adjust temperatures and cooking time on its own.
- Turbo Cooking (turbo and pressure cook options)
- Easy to clean plastic exterior and removable Teflon coated inner pot
- Non—stick inner pot with Teflon coating
- Rice cooker body is made of aluminum
- 10 cups of rice inner pot capacity
- Multi-function cooker
- Continuous steam vent
- Capable of GABA rice cooking
- Korean only voice navigation
- Non-retractable power cord
- Some users dislike its very feminine exterior design
This pressure rice cooker is ideal for homes who eat a lot of rice and love its texture and flavor. It is also easy and convenient to cook soup, porridge and steam vegetables.
This slow cooker does a great job in locking in the moisture of food to preserve texture and taste. This unit also has a low evaporation level which when combined with the moderate temperature ensures food will not burn and also not stick on the ceramic pot. This makes the pot easy to clean.
- Program, probe and manual cooking modes
- Thermometer probe monitors the actual temperature of food being cooked and displays it on the control panel.
- Secure tight fitting lids
- Probe cooking allows large cuts of meat to reach desired temperature with ease.
- Cooker is kept on during short power interruptions by the power interrupt protection.
- Anti-spill design prevents spills when cooker is transported for parties and tailgating.
- Tight sealing gasket lid prevents spilling even when transported.
- Locks in moisture to retain flavor and texture
- Handles have full-grip making it easy to carry
- Consistently and evenly cooks food.
- Power cord is short
- Takes a long time to heat when on low setting
- The clip of the lid is a hindrance.
- Some users say the hole in the lid releases too much steam.
Most consumers rave at the convenience provided by the programmable timer settings. This slow cooker also does a very good job in slow cooking meat, pork and poultry to extract the best flavors. Parents also love the cooker’s tight fitting lid making it safe to use especially with kids around.
A pressure cooker is for fast cooking, a rice cooker to cook rice and slow cooker for slow cooking. With today’s technology, one particular cooker can have additional functions aside from what it was built for. The Instant Pot DUO60 comes with 7 functions including being a pressure cooker, a rice cooker and a slow cooker. It is preferred by most consumers who want to have a cooker for a certain cooking style but do not have the counter space for it.