Yeti vs Artic Coolers: Similarities and Differences
Yeti and Artic both offers quality coolers in the market. They aim to make travelling easier by providing coolers that has good ice retention performance. In this article, we shall be comparing two coolers from Yeti vs Artic.
Yeti is one of the top companies offering premium cooler lines. Founded last 2006, the company reached out to consumers who are outdoor and adventure enthusiasts. These consumers typically look for coolers that are durable and can handle tough outdoor elements.
The company offers several lines of coolers with different dimensions and shapes. Yeti has two cooler lines – hard-sided and soft-sided. Hard sided coolers, also known as Tundra, are designed for tough outdoor conditions. Its thick insulation is great for items that need extra protection. On the other hand, soft-sided coolers, also known as Hopper, are light weight and compact. They are easy to bring along on short trips that do not require hard cooler exterior.
Arctic Zone Coolers
Arctic Zone is one of the leads in the cooler market. Operating for more than 30 years, they take pride with soft-sided coolers which are of premium and world-class quality. Their coolers are recommended for frequent travelers, campers, hikers, and outdoor enthusiasts.
The company released several lines of coolers which include zipper less, high performance, small, medium, and large coolers. With this, the consumers are offered different types and sizes of coolers for any purpose that they need it.
Count of cooler sizes
Capacity range (from smallest to largest cooler)
8 to 40 cans
9 to 48 cans
Bag design, Leakproof and waterproof, Side handles and shoulder straps
Zipperless lid, leak proof lining, shoulder straps
Yeti vs Arctic Soft-Sided Coolers in-dept reviews
Both Yeti and Arctic Zone offer high quality soft-sided coolers. They are lightweight and compact. Though they promise the same performance, their soft-sided coolers have differences. In this section, we shall compare two coolers from Yeti and Arctic Zone.
- Easy carry bag – With the design of Yeti soft-sided coolers, its tapered body which makes hauling comfortable. Moreover, the contents can easily go in and out easier.
- DryHide shell – The material stays dry even when exposed to moist weather conditions. Furthermore, this cooler remains puncture and tear resistant even after multiple uses.
- HydroLok Zipper –The liquid inside does not leak through the zipper.
- Side handles and shoulder straps – you can easily carry them using the side handles or shoulder strap.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
This cooler features the patented Zipperless lid of Arctic zone. Users can simply flip the cooler open to access the contents such as food and beverages inside it.
Inside the cooler is a durable liner, also known as HardyBody, which has a thermal insulation with high density. With this, you are assured that the items inside remain intact and temperature is maintained.
Here are some of the key features of this product:
- Leakproof – Also known as Ultra Safe, this registered technology from Arctic Zone aims to prevent spillage of liquid inside the cooler.
- Front pocket – To provide convenience to the user, this cooler has a front pocket which can be access via a zipper. Moreover, it has two exterior pockets made from mesh for additional storage.
- Shoulder strap – You can easily bring this cooler along as it has an adjustable shoulder strap. To provide extra comfort, it is built in with a shoulder pad which makes carrying easier.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
YETI Hopper Two 20 Portable Cooler
Titan Deep Zipperless Cooler 9 Can from Arctic Zone
22 x 10 x 16.5 inches
9.8 x 8 x 9.5 inches
Field Tan/Blaze Orange and Fog Gray/Tahoe Blue
Black and White
Both Yeti vs Arctic coolers offer several features. They both guarantee good ice retention and portability. In the case of the two products identified above, they are made with good quality materials.
The major differences between the two are the extra features and their price. Yeti has a higher price point than Arctic coolers. Customers deem that Yeti provides a better ice retention performance which explains the different in price.
On the other hand, Arctic coolers are great if you need a cheaper alternative for the same purpose. Though it is inferior with the ice retention performance, it has added features such as shoulder pads for comfortable carrying, Zipperless lid for easy access of contents and mesh pockets for extra storage.