If you are a health enthusiast and love cold and delicious fruit smoothies, you are aware that you need the best blender for crushing ice and frozen fruit smoothies. Crushing ice is one of the most difficult tasks for a blender. Blending frozen fruits is also more difficult. If you however have the right blender, crushing ice and making frozen fruit smoothies will be such a breeze.
The Food Guide Pyramid of the U.S. Department of Agriculture advocates that to have a healthy diet, you need to consume at least 3 servings of fruits every day. Your favorite fruits may not be in season the entire year so frozen fruits are your best options.
See also: An Indepth Comparison Of Ninja Vs Magic Bullet Blender
Frozen fruits are harvested when they are fully ripe while fresh fruits are harvested early to prevent expiration while in transit. This rule makes frozen fruits have more antioxidants and vitamins than fresh fruits.
Frozen fruit smoothies are a delicious way to have your daily intake of fruits especially for picky children. Blending ice and frozen fruits are not only delicious refreshments they are healthy desserts, too
Finding the right blender for crushing ice and fruit smoothies will give you more time to enjoy your refreshing drink and less time working on creating one.
Top 4 Best Blender for Crushing Ice and Frozen Fruit Smoothies
Things to Look for in a Blender for Crushing Ice and Frozen Fruit Smoothies
There are a lot of blenders available in the market for crushing ice and blending frozen fruit smoothies. There are important things you need to look for in a blender to ensure it is up to doing what it is intended to do.
- Motor. To liquefy frozen fruits you will need a powerful motor. To have a perfect smoothie choose a blender with a motor power of between 600 to 1000 watts. Crushing ice and frozen fruits need a lot of torque.
- Blades. Choose a blender with a durable blade as ice and frozen fruits are really hard.
- Jar Materials and Design. Thin polycarbonate jars can crack when crushing ice in the blender. Choose a blender with a durable jar made from glass (impact resistant), copolyester, or polycarbonate.
- Capacity. This refers to the size of the jar or the amount of smoothie you can make in one cycle. In crushing ice and frozen fruits you should only blend what you can immediately drink.
- Ease in Cleaning. Smoothies are quick meals. The blender you are using to make your smoothie should be quick and easy to clean too. Blenders with parts that are dishwasher safe and easy to disassemble and assemble are surefire winners.
- Warranty. As with all appliances, choose a blender with a feasible and reliable warranty.
The best blender for crushing ice and frozen fruit smoothies for you depends on how often you are going to use it and your budget. For its price, the Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender offers consistent performance and proven reliability. Its 6-cup glass jar is impact resistant. This blender works amazingly well in crushing ice and frozen fruit smoothies.