Every baby deserves to have healthy food in every stage of his development. While there are nutritious bottled baby food, many mothers prefer to process homemade baby food. Preparing your own baby food can seem tedious and time consuming but the best hand blender for pureeing baby food can make the process such a breeze.
A hand blender is one of the best appliances that can simplify the preparation of homemade baby food. It is compact, lightweight and does not require much kitchen space. It is easy to use because it does not come with a complicated assembly. It is much cheaper, too.
While you can very well make homemade baby food with a food processor with the same speed as a hand blender, a hand blender is a more convenient tool. With a hand blender you can make perfect sauces, smoothies, soups and of course pureed baby food.
To use a hand blender, you simply place the food items in a bowl, dip the hand blender, turn it on and start pureeing. Many modern hand blenders are no longer as simple as the ones your mom might have used with your own baby food. Many hand blenders come with multiple attachments to make them function like miniature food processors.
Here is a list of the best hand blender for pureeing baby food to make the choice a lot easier.
Top 4 Best Hand Blender for pureeing Baby food Reviews
Criteria for Choosing the Good Hand Blender
Not all hand blenders are suitable for baby food. Here are what you need to pay close attention to when choosing
- Speeds. Hand blenders usually come with 2 to 5 different speeds. There are hand blenders though that come with up to 15 speeds and even turbo speeds. While these different speeds allow you to choose the most ideal operation mode to achieve the best results, in making baby purees you will only need at the most 3 speeds.
- Power. For making smoothies and blending soft fruits and cooked vegetables you will need a hand blender with 150-220 Watts. If you are grinding raw and hard vegetables, you will need a hand blender with 600-700 watts. You will not need these much power when pureeing baby food.
- Material. The material of the immersion part should be made of stainless steel because although quite heavy, it is more durable. Plastic material is lighter and easier to clean but not as durable. The handle should be made of rubber for a comfortable grip.
- Level of Noise. With a baby in the house you would not like a gadget that is loud enough to wake him up. A quiet or almost zero noise is what you need.
- Cord or Cordless. Corded hand blenders are lighter than those with built-in batteries. Cordless hand blenders though provide more convenience.
- Accessories. These may not be necessary for baby food processing but food processor type attachments make hand blenders almost similar to the bigger food processors.
The decision to make homemade baby food is a matter of preference. Making your own baby food provides a lot of benefits.
Hand blenders make very good homemade baby purees. Of the four hand blenders, the KitchenAid KHB1231WH Hand Blender is the hands down winner.
Its powerful motor provides a quiet operation which will not disturb your baby. It is simple to operate with just 2 speed controls which is what you only need for baby purees. Its stainless steel blade and non-slip handle provide durability and comfort respectively making it the best hand blender for pureeing baby foodin the above list.