Sanding belts are an essential tool for everyone who enjoys DIY projects. It will help you finish the job more efficient and handle everything on your way without any additional problem.
However, it is confusing to determine which one is the best. There are lots of features available. Some of them come with dust collecting sockets, while others are compact and you can handle them with ease. It is all up to you which one you will pick, and it is up to us to tell you everything you might consider.
That is the main reason why we decided to present you best sanding belts for knife sharpening 2018:
Reviews on The Best Sanding Belts for Knife Sharpening
1. Hakka 7 Lb/3 L Sausage Stuffer 2 Speed Stainless Steel Vertical 5-7 Lb Sausage Maker by HAKKA BROTHER
If you want to choose the tremendous little sander that will quickly cut through most massive jobs, you should pick Generic Mini 1 x 30 belt sander. It doesn't matter if you are looking for something that will provide you smooth job and professional grade performance.
It contains 34000 RPM with 6.5 amps of power. Even though this is not the top performance when compared with other belt sanders, you will be able to complete the job without any additional problem. It contains automatic belt tracking and dust collecting socket so that you can enjoy more convenience.
It is an excellent tool if you want to finish DIY projects that you have in mind. At the same time, it is lightweight and simple to move around, which means that you will be able to use it for the immersive amount of time.
It contains solid base, but it is not appropriate for heavy-duty jobs. In case that you apply to much pressure on the belt, it could tear off, so have that in mind while working.
2. Grizzly H6070 Belt and 5-Inch Disc Sander, 1 x 30-Inch
This is one of the best sanding belts that will help you sharpen your knives without any additional problem.
Grizzly is the old-school manufacturer that has been on the market for 34 years. The main reason why people tend to choose this particular manufacturer is that they have shown a high amount of dedication towards customers.
Grizzly H6070 Belt and Disc Sander is the leading product that impressed lots of people since it appeared on the market. You can efficiently perform various jobs and purchase it for the decent price tag.
It comprises 1/3 Horse Power 110V motor that can reach up to 3450 RPM. At the same time, belt sander table size is 5-1/8-inches x 5-1/8-inches, while disc sander table is 4 x 7-5/16-inches. You can choose smoothly tilting feature that can go up to 45-degrees. The weight is around 20 pounds.
With this particular tool, you will get both disc sander and belt sander on the same machine. You can also get the benefit of direct drive and tracking adjustments. It includes dust collection with two ports. You just have to connect to one of them and dust will be gone.
3. Kalamazoo 1SM 1" Belt Sander, 32 lbs, 1725 RPM, 1/3 HP Motor, 1" x 42" Belt, 4" Contact Wheel
Kalamazoo Industries started making belt sanders, vibratory and saws since the '60s. It is the major player in making machines that will help you finish your household jobs in no time.
Kalamazoo 1SM Belt Sander contains 1-inch belt in its core, and the best thing about it is portability because it weighs only 32-pounds. It comprises 1/3 Horse Power motor that works on 110V. When it comes to speed, it can reach up to 1725 RPM which is decent but not overpowering as others on this particular list.
You will get 4-inch contact wheel, tilt work table and other features that will improve the convenience and comfort while working. The best thing about it is 1-inch belt surface so that you can sand and shape different types of materials. The other plus is portability convenience.
It comes with spring tensioned rollers so that belt tensions can remain consistent. You can change belts in a matter of seconds, which is another reason why you should consider it.
Things to Consider When Buying
- Belt Size – The most crucial factor and feature when it comes to sanding belts is the belt size. Usually, the belt size can be between 2 and 72 inches. The best thing that you can do is to think about what you want to accomplish with it and what your requirements are before you decide which one is for you. If you are a beginner, we recommend you to choose one of 30 inches and go upward as you become better.
- Frame Sturdiness – The frame has to contain durable components to make it work. The better structure, the better the machine. There are different kinds of structures on the market, and you should consider whether you want sturdier or not.
- Motor Power – You should consider the power of the motor, because of more control of the engine, the more power of machine in overall. In most cases, the strength is measured in Horse Power (HP). The affordable solutions have between 1/3 and 1/2 HP, while better tools have 1 or 1-1/2 HP or more.
- Speed – Some sanding belts come with a single sped, while others have variable speed features for different materials. In case that you are a beginner, we recommend you to choose the belt with variable speed because it will help you finish the job more efficient.
We have presented your thorough review and guide on best sanding belts for knife sharpening on the market. As you could see from everything that we have mentioned, you should consider some factors before you invest.
Most sanding belts come with durable frames that can last a lifetime. Therefore, you should find the one that will appeal to your future work.
If you have any comment or consideration, feel free to write something in the section below, and we will answer you on short notice.