We can all agree that pellet smokers are a great way to make quality BBQ. However, the main problem is to find the right pellets because wrong ones can interfere with the overall taste of food that you are making.
Most people underestimate the power of quality pellets. There are different types of specific pellets that appeal to different people; some of them cook a bit longer, while other burn a bit hotter; you can also find ones that will offer you smoker flavor, etc. That is the main reason why we decided to present you best wood for smoking tri-tip:
You also might like this: Weber spirit vs Genesis – Unearthing the Best Of The Two
Top 4 Best wood for smoking tri-tip – Reviews 2018
1. “Q” Pellets 100% Red Oak BBQ Grilling and Smoking Pellets
If you want to purchase pellets that are 100% pure hardwood, you should choose Q Smoking Pellets. They don’t contain cheapeners, fillers, oils, shortcuts, artificial ingredients, and binders. They use base wood as Red Oak which is both hard and dense. That will provide you mild and pleasant smoke, but at the same time, Red Oak burns much hotter than other base woods.
If you are cooking something that needs a higher temperature, you will be able to do it in no time. You can also use fewer pellets if you want to maintain the hotness, in case that you are cooking something for more extended periods.
When it comes to flavor, Q Pellets will provide you perfect flavor of food so that you can taste your diet. Becuase it doesn’t have any artificial ingredients, it will produce 2% less ash than other pellet types.
- No artificial ingredients
- Only hardwood for maintained hotness
- Great smoky flavor afterward
- 2% less ash than other pellet types
- You have to wait for a while before it gets hot
2. CookinPellets 40 PM Perfect Mix Smoking Pellets
The CookinPellets 40 PM is an excellent smoking wood that will provide you high-quality smoking and grill for different types of food.
The first thing that we have to mention is that it comes from heartwood that includes hickory, apple, cherry and hard maple. It is entirely free of any fillers and oils such as oak and alder that will make it burn faster and without the same efficiency.
It doesn’t matter what you want to cook because you will get excellent results afterward. The best thing about it is that it produces too little ash, so it sounds excellent for maintenance after that. It doesn’t have any unpleasant smell, and that is an excellent solution for extended and comfortable use.
- Great efficiency
- Four high-quality smoking pellets
- Excellent results
- Without unpleasant smell
- It takes too long to make bigger meal
3. Pit Boss BBQ Wood Pellets, 40 lb., Apple
If you want to enjoy in sweet and yet mild taste that is great for poultry, pork, baking products and vegetables, you should choose Pit Boss BBQ Wood Pallets. The best thing about them is that they don’t contain any spray scents, artificial flavors, chemicals or glues. That is amazing because it will provide you way better taste and fewer amount of ash afterward.
The synonym for cleaner and hotter burning is this particular wood pellet. We recommend you to use it for pork and baking. Everything is simple to use; you just have to place them inside and wait for the magic to happen.
Pellets are natural and tasty, and that will force all natural juices to bind with pellets and your food so that you can enjoy it with delight.
- It doesn’t have any glues, scents, artificial flavors or chemicals
- It burns cleaner and hotter than other pellets
- It is perfect for making pork or baking
- Simple to use
- You have to wait until it gets hot
4. RecTec Grills Ultimate Blend Pellets, 40 lb
The best accessories that will help you grill and smoke is RecTec Grill Ultimate Blend Pellets on the market.
It includes oak and hickory mixes so that you can get the rich and smoky flavor that you wanted in the first place. They are perfectly designed to work with RecTec grills, but if you use other ones, don’t worry, because they are versatile and compatible with all of them.
They use a particular procedure that concentrates wood and compact, and as the final result, you will get a dense pellet that will produce the immersive amount of energy. It makes them valid as any other fuel.
The flavor is strong, but it won’t overpower the overall taste. When we compare them to other wood pellets, it burns much faster, and you will notice the difference immediately.
- High-quality pellets
- Compatible with most grills
- It won’t produce too much ash
- Great blend
- You won’t get any specifications on oak and hickory blend
Things to Consider When Buying Best Wood for Smoking Tri-Tip
- 100% Hardwood – When you want to choose the best wood for smoking, you should always consider only hardwood. Check for labeling so that you can see whether companies use a mix of hardwood and softwood to make them. Hardwood fires much slower and it will provide you hotter environment.
- How Does the Manufacturer Get the Wood – In most cases companies who supply wood for BBQ and cooking use another manufacturing process. The main problem is that some manufacturers use leftovers. So you should check whether timber location matches with how the manufacturer is getting it in the first place.
We have presented your thorough review and guided on best wood for smoking tri-tip. The smoking is a way better alternative to traditional BBQ, especially if you enjoy in the smoky taste of food afterward.
You should check for considerable information before you decide which one is the best for you. The main problem is that people don’t consider the type of pellet for their grills.
If you have anything that you want to add to this particular topic, feel free to comment on the section below, and we will answer you on short notice.