For most American families, mealtime is the time the family gets together. As such most homeowners make sure the dining table is laden with a good tablecloth. Although the main function of the best tablecloths for everyday use is to protecttables from possible damage, they add a lot of style, elegance, colorand class to your dining table, too.
You may not realize it but using an amazing tablecloth can make your simple meal look and taste more appetizing. Because of all these reasons it is no wonder that homemakers make the effort of choosing the right tablecloths.
Tablecloths come in thousands of types and styles. Choosing from all that is available in the market can be daunting task especially if you do not have a clear picture of what you need and want.
To ensure that you are choosing the right tablecloth you will need to know:
- The size of your table
- The material you prefer
- The décor you need to match
- The care you are will to give
- The amount you are willing to spend
Having these in mind will make choosing the right tablecloth effortless and enjoyable.
The Best Tablecloths for Everyday Use – Quality Tablecloths Reviews
1. DII 52x52" Square Cotton Tablecloth, Black & White Check
This DII 52x52" Square Cotton checkered black and white tablecloth may resemble a picnic tablecloth. It is ideal for your tables in the patio or sun room. This tablecloth is made from 100% cotton and will surely add a lot of class to your outdoor furniture.
This tablecloth is easy to care as it is machine washable with a gentle cycle. It is colorfast so it will not fade. It is also wrinkle resistant so not much ironing is needed. It comes with a neat one-inch fold on the hem. It also comes with a mitered corner to eliminate bulky corners.
A user says she immediately tossed this tablecloth on the washing machine on warm and into a hot dryer. The tablecloth did not bleed nor shrink. She loves that this tablecloth is low in maintenance but most of all it looks cherry and bright in her patio.
The DII 52x52" Square Cotton checkered black and white tablecloth is easy to match with any décor. While it is ideal for outdoor use, it can also fit any indoor small square table. This tablecloth can fit a 25” x28” to a 40” x 40” square table for four.
2. Benson Mills Flow "Spillproof" Fabric Tablecloth 60”X104”
The Benson Mills Flow "Spillproof 60”X104”Rectangular Fabric Tablecloth is made from heavyweight material that is both strong and durable. It features the spill-proof technology to make sure the tablecloth is highly resistant to stains.
Any spills on this 100% polyester tablecloth can easily be wiped off by a cloth or sponge. It blocks liquid from getting to the tabletop as liquid will only form into beads on the tablecloth making it basically water-proofed. It is ideal for both formal and casual set-ups.
A user says beyond thrilled with this tablecloth. The color is richer than what she expected which more than highlighted the fabric’s texture. It looks elegant on the table and is durable enough to deal with messes and spills.
The Benson Mills Flow "Spillproof 60”X104” Rectangular Fabric Tablecloth comes in a simple pattern and contemporary design. It will not only protect your table but it will also add a lot of style and elegance to any causal or formal set-up. This tablecloth is machine washable in cold and gentle cycle.
3. Lenox Laurel Leaf 70"x144" Oblong Tablecloth
The Lenox name is synonymous to fine and beautiful things and this Lenox Laurel Leaf 70"x144" Oblong Tablecloth is simply just that. This tablecloth is made from 70% cotton and 30% polyester material making it soft and with a slight sheen. It comes with a texture of solid and elegant woven damask.
This tablecloth features a contemporarylaurel leaf garland crisscross design that shimmers a bit. As it is made of cotton and polyester blend, it is water and stain resistant making the tablecloth more durable.
A user saysthis is a good quality tablecloth. She says she washed, dried it and threw it directly on the table because it did not need any ironing after she immediately pulled it out of the dryer.
The Lenox Laurel Leaf 70"x144" Oblong Tablecloth is machine washable in cold water and dryer dried on low heat. It is a colorfast tablecloth so it will not fade. It is wrinkle resistant to ensure it always looks beautiful in with any of your table settings.
4. LEEVAN Vinyl Square Table Cover PVC Tablecloth- 54 x 54 Inch
The LEEVAN 54 x 54 Inch Square Tablecloth is made from 100 % PVC grade A vinyl making it stain and oil resistant. It is resistant to mildew and is waterproof, too.
Any spills on the tablecloth will simply form and beads that can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth or sponge and will not penetrate to your tabletop.
A user says this tablecloth is made from a durable material and it is extremely easy to clean.
The LEEVAN 54 x 54 Inch Square Tablecloth is ideal for indoor and outdoor use. Its durable and smooth surface can match both casual and formal set-ups.
Types of Tablecloth Materials for Everyday Use
Other than the size and shape of the tablecloth, the material it is made from is of utmost importance. The material you choose will determine the set-up on which you are going to use the tablecloth.
- Cotton. Cotton tablecloths are best for informal set-ups. Cotton is an affordable material so most cotton tablecloths are relatively affordable, too. Cotton is a durable and long-lasting material, too. Spills on cotton tablecloths can be easily cleaned with a damped cloth or sponge. Cotton tablecloths are ideal for indoor use. It is not advisable to be used for long periods outdoors as it may develop molds due to too much exposure to the elements.
- Polyester. Polyester is a durable synthetic material so unlike cotton it does not easily wrinkle. It does shrink not shrink even when washed in long cycles. Polyester is ideal for semi-formal and formal set-ups because of its shiny and silky appearance.
- Cotton/Polyester Blend. Most cotton/ polyester blends consist of 70% cotton and 30% polyester. This combination makes a durable and soft fabric.
- Vinyl. If you need a tablecloth for an informal outdoor set-up, vinyl is your best option. It is easy to clean, waterproof, and stain resistant. Vinyl is a relatively cheap tablecloth option.
The Lenox Laurel Leaf 70"x144" Oblong Tablecloth is made from a cotton and polyester blend material making it extremely durable. Its damask texture provides the elegance. It is water and stain resistant making it easy to clean. It is wrinkle resistant too for easy maintenance. All these features make it the best tablecloth for everyday use.