A barbecue grill is a food-cooking device that typically applies heat from below, although there are other designs of grill that incorporate covers to help trap the heat and cook meat faster. The two categories of grills are charcoal and gas-fuel. Meanwhile, smoking is the process of preserving, cooking, browning, or flavoring food by exposing it from smoke from a smoldering or burning material such as wood.
You might like this : Weber spirit vs Genesis - Unearthing the Best Of The Two
Fish, meat, and lapsang souchong tea are typically smoked. Grills typically do smoke-roasting, wherein food is smoked and roasted at the same time. It's also known as pit-roasting or barbecuing. Any smoker can reach above 121°C or 250°F.
The Best rated Charcoal Grill Smoker for The Money - Charcoal BBQ Smoker Reviews
The flavor of outdoor cooking is captured by smoking meats. With that said, here's a collection of the best charcoal smokers for your money available on Amazon.com right now.
Which Charcoal Smoker Should You Look For?
In order to know which barbecue smoker you should get, you should first be aware of the types of smokers available.
+ Offset Dry Smoker: When people think of smokers, they usually think of the offset dry smoker. They're typically the barbecue grill that you see put behind the back of a truck or camper. This unit produces high smoky flavor with minimum heat. Its offset box is also filled with wood or briquettes.
Meanwhile, the heat that starts from the firebox then travels all the way through the smoking chamber. This smoker barbecue box is usually expensive and requires more maintenance on your part. However, barbecue enthusiasts think it's all worth it because of the convenience and taste it brings to the table.
+ Vertical Water Smoker: This unit can use charcoal, gas, or electricity as a heat source, making it one of the most popular smoking methods out there. It also utilizes three compartments like the middle water pan, the bottom layer that contains the heat source, and the topmost layer where you place your meat itself.
The smoking process requires the water pan because it's responsible for regulating and storing heat. The water pan is also the part of the vertical water smoker that keeps the cooking steady and slow. However regulating temperature can be difficult on this cooker depending on your heat source.
Hallmarks of a Quality Barbecue Smoker
- Size and Capacity: Choose your smoker depending on whether you do family get-together or large party barbecues. The capacity should depend on your needs.
- Material Composition and Durability: Your smoker should be made of a durable material like stainless steel or aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Temperature Control: Your smoker should be able to regulate the temperature so that you can cook meats and vegetables easier.
- Head Space: The top smoker should have enough head space for you to safely check out your barbecued dish without the smoke covering your view.
- High Heating Capability: You can cook more types of meals if your smoker has high heating capabilities since there are certain foods that can only be cooked at high temperatures.
- Uniform Heat: To cook your food properly and evenly, you should get a smoker with uniform heat. This will prevent risks of burning or undercooking.
- Energy Efficiency: If your smoker is an electric type, it shouldn't consume a lot of electricity to work. This will both give your electricity bills and the environment a favor.
- Ease of Cleaning: You should be able to detach the pieces of your smoker and clean them separately. You should also have a way to dump all the ashes from the smoker's box.
The Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker wins out of the bunch and here's why. It has everything the other smokers have and much more. What specs it does share with them, more often than not it offers something better, thus making it a must buy when all is said and done.
It comes with features like a built-in lid thermometer, porcelain-enameled charcoal chamber and water pan, rust-resistant aluminum fuel door, grill cover, and high-temperature silicone grommet that allow easy access into the smoker for temperature probing. It's one of the best examples of a quality vertical water smoker out there.