Making fresh tortillas can be tedious task if you need to roll out the doughand use your hands to make perfectly round tortillas. The best tortilla press for flour tortillas can make the job a lot easier and done properly, too.
A tortilla press is a tool that is round in shape used to make perfectly round and thin tortillas. It comes with two round and flat surfaces and a handle to squeeze the surfaces together to create perfectly round dough. Tortilla presses can either be a manual or an electric device. The electric devices not only create perfect round shape dough but cook the tortillas as well.
See also : Best Saucepan For Making Fudge - Reviews 2018
A tortilla presser is a must-have in your kitchen because creating your own Mexican treats and flatbreads ensures there are no artificial ingredients included. Tortilla pressers are easy to use. Perfectly round tortillas are created by a simple squeeze of a lever.
Best Tortilla Press for Flour Tortillas - Commercial Tortilla Press Reviews
Choosing the Best Tortilla Press
When you are shopping for a tortilla press for flour tortillas, every detail matters. To help make the choice easier, here are some things you need to look out for.
- Size. Before making a choice, check on how much counter and storage space you have. Tortilla pressers also come in varied plate sizes so you may want to determine the size of the tortillas you wish to produce.
- Type. Tortilla pressers come as manual or electric tools. A manual tortilla presser simply flattens the dough to a perfect round shape. An electric tortilla presser flattens and rounds as well as cooks the dough.
- Materials. Most tortilla pressers come with non-stick coatings and are either made from cast iron or aluminum. Make sure you are choosing one with non-stick plates.
- Ease in Cleaning. Tortilla pressers are not dishwasher safe. Although the top and bottom plates are basically easy to clean some materials are easier to clean than the others. The easiest tortilla pressers to clean are those made of cast iron.
- If you are going for electric tortilla pressers, choose one with intuitive temperature controls. Models with indicator lights and timers make sure you do not burn your tortillas.
Tortilla pressers are convenient devices when you always love making tortillas and flatbreads. Of the pressers reviewed the Victoria 8 inch Cast Iron Tortilla Press and Pataconera because it is made from the best tortilla press material – cast iron. It also comes with a non-stick plate and is pre-seasoned with flaxseed oil making it ready to use out of the box.